In 1981, Canadian Construction Women (CCW) was created as a non-profit association with a mission for creating a stronger construction industry by supporting and inspiring women. The CCW believes in connecting women to a powerful network of other women in construction, in building the community of women in construction and in providing opportunities for women in construction.
The Women in Construction Bursary is an award established to provide financial support to women who:
· Are currently enrolled in any full-time construction-related credential program
· Are currently enrolled in a trades training program
· Have graduated from a trades training program and is seeking financial assistance with provisioning of tools and equipment related to her chosen trade
The Women in Construction Bursary offers four (4) bursaries in the amount of $1,000.00 each. Eligibility Requirements:
1. You must be a member of CCW. Student membership is free.
2. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
3. Awards are not transferable.
4. Awards are not deferrable and must be accepted in the year in which they were awarded. Recipients agree to their name and photo being used by CCW in newsletter and social media feeds.
5. Must complete the application form in full and submit for review no later than October 15th 2017.
Selection Criteria: All applications are adjudicated on a competitive basis. Important considerations are: academic standing, background, financial need, and strong motivation for entering her chosen career. The selection committee will announce recipients in the month of December; awards will be presented at the CCW Annual General Meeting in February.